Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The Strength of Christ

 

     My prayer list is very long right now. It is such a privilege to pray for others. When we tell others we will pray, we should take it seriously and not lightly. The power of prayer is real. My heart aches for many on this list, right now as they face dire diagnoses, as they face an uncertain future, as unexpected events come out of the blue, as they grieve.

     I often struggle to live each day, each moment, as they come. Over my sixty-eight years of life, I have been a worrier. My anxiety can creep in out of the blue, sometimes for no particular reason. I think too much. How about you?

     This momentary reliance on God helps. “Just get me through this hour, Lord.” “Just for one more day, Jesus.”  Each day has a new beginning. Each weakness finds strength in the One who has power over the stars. Boast in His strength, and not in your own.

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

     Sing His praises and rely on His strength today. Even if it’s just a minute at a time.

But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love, for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Jesus,

We need Your strength. Our bodies may fail, but You are ours forever. Provide Your strength to all who need You so desperately today. We love You.

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment