Friday, October 2, 2015

Christ Over Everything

     God restores, grants grace, shows mercy and gives us freedom. Count on His all-sustaining presence and love whatever life will bring. Recognize His presence around You in the eyes of a child, in the rising and setting of the sun, in the love of a friend, in the safety of a spouse, in the delight of off-spring, in the comfort of a mom, in the fellowship of a church, in the living Word of God.

     Seek God. Ask for His help. Pray for His guidance. Make your greatest desire to be obedient. Your faith pleases Him. He loves being with you. He tells you not to fear. He is everywhere and everything is His. Recognize His sovereignty even when life spins out of control. He will set you on a steady path once again, through it all. His foundation is secure. Being legally blind, I need to count on those around me. But most of all, I count on my Savior. Listen to these beautiful Words.

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known; along unfamiliar paths I will guide them. I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do. I will not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16

     God will take you on new paths, to places you may not have chosen or sought. Some may be frightening and uncomfortable. But He will bring You through them, smooth out the rough spots and turn your darkness into light. He will do it. Count on it.

Jesus,
We don’t understand so much of life, but we trust You to see us through. Shine light on the darkness within and without. Your glory shines through the deepest, darkest nights with the glimmer of a star. You are right there, even when it is hard to see.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment