Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rest and Refreshment

     I find it interesting that God has me writing about zeal, fervor, passion and power during a week of very little sleep. My fervor has failed, my zeal is zapped and my passion is pooped! How are you today? What is swirling around in your mind? Is your body tired and weak? I pray you will be filled with God’s power and enthusiasm.
                                                                                                   
     If you are like me, or have something else on your mind, take a Bible concordance and look up a word or two and I guarantee you will find answers, hope and rest for your soul. Today I leave you with some verses I looked up for the unrest in my body. And tonight I will trust God for refreshment and rest.

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25

Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

     The key to keeping our passion and zest alive, is to allow God to work in us at all times, satisfying our deepest needs and relying on His strength in each day. Allow Him to work and He will revitalize your weary soul.

Father,
We need Your strength and power today and everyday. Refresh us. Allow us to rest and be rejuvenated. Fill us again with power and joy.
In Jesus name,
Amen


     

No comments:

Post a Comment