Monday, February 15, 2016

Great Advice-Listen

     The Holy Spirit is our teacher and our guide. Many times I find myself trying to take His place. I judge or I preach or I talk over others with a point I want to make. When it comes to my beautiful daughters I have often given them answers to questions they did not ask. Wanting the best for our children often means allowing them to find the answers for themselves just as we did. We learn through trial and error, through prayer, through patience and, often, through suffering.

     The Holy Spirit will do His job. He will find the answers and the solutions. Some great advice comes from the Holy Scriptures:

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19

     The Holy Spirit will do His work in our lives and in the lives of other believers. He intercedes in our lives and brings us into God’s will. Be quick to listen.

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance of the will of God. Romans 8:26-27

Father,
We thank You for the Holy Spirit’s work within us. He will teach and guide, comfort and intercede for us as we grow in our faith. We long to be quick to listen and slow to speak as we trust in You, our triune God to act.
In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment