Thursday, September 1, 2016

Wait On The Lord


     Life continually changes. Endings and beginnings. Death and new life. Letting go and waiting for something new. We grasp for our comfort zones. It is hard to move on. The grief and waiting in between brings sorrow as we grieve the past. Is God asking you to wait for a time? To stay still and listen for the next step? That’s what He is doing in my life. I have had to let go of a couple of leadership positions as we transition into a new place of worship.

     I miss the people. I miss the preparation for fall classes and I am still trying to let go of leading a crisis-ministry team. Trusting God through it all is the answer. He knows the plan and I don’t. Waiting for His wisdom and His timing can be frustrating and confusing. We are an impatient group, aren’t we? Today I’ll listen and study, pray and wait. How about you? Don’t simply wait. Wait expectantly.

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice. In the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Father,

Help us to remember that your timing is perfect. You will answer as we wait expectantly for You. Hear our prayers this morning and we will stay strong.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment