Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Searching for Love


     Feeling the need to be loved? Why not seek out God? Ask Him for His love. Seek that love with all your heart and soul. Believe He has been waiting for you with open arms, waiting to fill the empty spaces and love you as His own, never to leave you again.  Listen to the yearning in these words from Psalm 42.  Maybe they echo the words of your heart and soul.
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Where can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night while people say to me all day long, “Where is your God?” These things I remember as I pour out my soul, how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One, with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng. Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42:1-5
     Maybe, like David, you are discouraged, wondering where to find God. David is lost and disturbed. Where is God? And yet in verse 5, He still praises Him. He reaches out to Him. He loves Him. He seeks Him even when He does not feel His presence.
     How is your soul? Find rest as you pant for God as a dear pants for water. Seek Him with all your heart and He will be there with you.
Lord,
We seek and need Your presence right now. Lift up our downcast spirits as we continue to praise You.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment