Monday, July 13, 2020

Cracked Pots


     Have you heard the ancient story of the cracked pot? A servant carried a pole across his neck with two pots used to fetch water, one hanging from each end. One of the pots had a large crack in it, yet the man continued to use it each day. Why? He found that as some of the water oozed out of that crack, it watered the flowers planted along the way to his master’s house.
     I personally have several cracks. We are all cracked pots in one way or another. Fortunately for us, Jesus uses our weaknesses to show his strength.  He covers our flaws with His faithfulness and He brings good from our frailties and our failures.
     How does He do it? The only way to explain it, is through His mighty power. As Paul reminds us, His power is made perfect though our weaknesses.
But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
     Let it go and let God water some of the seeds that need tending in your heart. He is ready to grow some healthy spiritual fruit in each of us. He is the vine and we are the branches. Let Him prune a few of the pesky foliage blocking your view.
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. John 15:2
     Abide with Him.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me, and I in you, you, you will bear much fruit. Apart from Me, you can do nothing.” John 15:5
Father,
Thank You for the work of Your Son in us. His strength gives us power through our weakness. Teach us how to trust and abide in His Spirit.
In Jesus name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment