Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Whatever We Do

 

     How do we continue to keep Jesus first in our lives, as our lives become stretched too thin? Calendars fill up. Work and chores need to be done. Friends and family need our time. Worries abound. Health issues arise. Our young children deserve our constant and consistent attention and care. Where does Christ fit in?

     Looking back over the many decades of my life, the times I have been most out of sorts have, invariably, been the times when my focus has been taken off Jesus. Enjoying and welcoming and relying on the Holy Spirit’s lead is the only answer to maintaining a peaceful and joy-filled life. It’s ultimately all about Him.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not human masters. Colossians 3:23

     The definition for “everything” includes “all things” and “life in general.” What if every single thing we do and say, including our actions, our work, our attitudes, could be given to Jesus? He bought us with a price and our lives now belong to Him.  

     I can’t imagine trying to give Him some of the things I have said or the ways in which I have completed tasks half-heartedly, or done something for someone grudgingly. So many instances come to mind as I think about giving everything to Christ. I’m sure Jesus would want nothing to do with some of it.  We will never be perfect, nope, not ever on this earth.

     But, for today, I am going to think and act mindfully as to the Lord, focusing on the way I live and act, as a child of the most-high God, as one who belongs to Christ and is given the honor of representing Him to a fallen world.

Jesus,

Help me to give all of my life to You, to act and do everything in Your honor and with You in mind. No matter how mundane, let us welcome Your presence into all we do, in all things, in everything.

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment