Friday, May 26, 2023

God Knows Us

 

     Our grandkids are growing quickly. The changes in their lives have been miraculous to watch, from tiny babies to rolling over, crawling, walking, talking. What a delight! Observing their childlike wonder is miraculous to us.

     The changes in our lives through the years may be subtle, even imperceptible over long periods of time as we live through the years. And then we look in the mirror and notice we are in our 60’s.  Hopefully, wisdom has grown along with the wrinkles and aching muscles. Our God knows our story. He wants us to be mindful of our days.

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

     God knows us from the womb, throughout our lives, until our dying day. He will watch over our grandchildren and He will watch over you and me, every moment, every day, through every change, through every age. The following words contain powerful reminders of the intimacy we share with God. His hand is upon us.

You know when I sit and when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, You Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and You lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Psalm 139:2-6

Lord,

Thank You for these words to remind us of Your intimate love. Watch over our precious grandchildren as He grows and keep us mindful of the shortness of our days and to witness for You in all our ways.

In Jesus name,

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment