Monday, October 9, 2017

He Is Greater


     There are days I believe I am going crazy. How about you? I deal with anxiety and have, off and on, for most of my life. Luckily, it does not strike often anymore. When it does, it almost completely paralyzes me with dread and fear. It seems impossible to escape. My heart races. I can’t sleep. I wonder if I should go in to the doctor. It is frightening.

     Of course, I run to Jesus. In the middle of the night, I plead for help. I speak Scriptures to myself over and over. I know that the Word of God holds great power and life. Peace eventually returns.

     When do you feel most helpless? How does Satan attack you? He knows all of our weaknesses and he sneaks around waiting for an opportune moment to strike. After he tempted Jesus, and Jesus defeated him with His Word, this is what Scripture tells us about Satan’s wily ways.

When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left Him until an opportune time. Luke 4;13

     He waits for opportune times in all of our lives, waiting to pounce.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

     Be alert. Remember, you are a child of the Most-High God. Satan detests us and does not want us to spread the news about Christ. He wants to tear us down at all costs. Be alert and always remember, Satan is not an equal of Jesus. The One we serve is mightier and the Word is our sword.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in this world. 1 John 4:4

Father,

Remind us of Your great power to defeat our enemy. You are the one within us and there is no greater power in heaven or on earth. Even though the devil has temporary power in this world, You are in control. Keep us safe and at peace.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment