Monday, October 16, 2017

Through It All


Jesus is our constant companion and biggest advocate. He will see us through our tragedies and rejoice with us in our triumphs. He will muddle with us through our misery and surprise us with a miracle. He will comfort us in our grief and light us up with God’s glory. He is always there.

     The Word of God is available through every season, every mountain-top high and valley low. The Psalms can echo our own hearts. David poured everything out to his God. He cried out through the darkest nights, asked for forgiveness as he recognized his sin, rejoiced in the blessings of God, and shared his deep grief over the death of his sons. Find a Psalm to meet your needs and let God speak to you and guide you through every experience and emotion.

   Maybe some of these verses will meet you where you are right now.

I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. Psalm 6:6

Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions and my sin is always before me. Psalm 51:2-3

Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in You. Psalm 143:9

My eyes fail, looking for Your promise. I say, “When will You comfort me? Psalm 119:82

     David’s words may hit home for you as you grieve, as you feel the need for forgiveness, as you cry out to our Lord.  And He is there. David always turned back to God, no matter the circumstances. He was called, “a man after God’s own heart.”  Here is an example.

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 47:5

Lord,

Turn our hearts back to You. You listen, You comfort, You guide, and You see us through it all.  We will continue to praise You!

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment