Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Storytime/Faith of a Child


     Have you received Jesus as Savior? I pray you have. It is my greatest desire to share His salvation with others. Each one of us will have an opportunity to decide at some point in our lives. And God’s timing is perfect. He knows when our hearts will be open to Him.

     I was in my thirties before I truly received His free gift of eternal life and the abundant life on earth. He continues to grow me in faith and I love watching how He continually works in our family and in our friends.

     Our youngest daughter, Lauren, understood the love of Christ at avery young age. At age 4 she asked me to put my hands on her tummy and pray to Jesus for her tummy ache to go away! I had never prayed with her like this before and I can’t remember a time throughout her 27 years that she has lost faith in Jesus.

    At Disneyworld when she was 7, it began to rain. We wanted to take the raft over to Tom Sawyer’s Island, but the skies did not look promising. Lauren said, “Jesus knows how much we want to do this. Let’s just pray for the rain to stoo.” We did and it did. The confident prayer of a child, and the loving answer from a loving God.

     Do you have such stories? How and when did you first meet Jesus? We are taking care of our 3-month old grandchild, the child of our daughter, Lauren. She and her husband sing songs to him about Jesus, read him Bible stories and we pray he, too, will know the love of our amazing God at a young age.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. Matthew 10:14

Jesus,

We thank You for the faith of young children. Remind us to come to You as children of the Most-High God.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment