Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Our Deepest Needs/Rest


     I have suffered and continue to deal with insomnia, It began when I was a teenager. It is easy to become fearful and overwhelmed in the middle of the night as the clock slowly ticks away the hours. Our bodies and our souls need rest.

     This past week I have had a couple of wakeful nights. Frustrated and tired, I decided to list some of God’s promises to me. And I felt His presence and His peace.

The darkness has no power over our God:

Even the darkness will not be dark to You. The night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You. Psalm 139:12

He cares for me:

Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

He is always present:

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. James 4:8

He promises rest:

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

When you lie down, you will not be afraid. When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs3:24

“Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

     Have some verses ready to battle your way through Satan’s attacks, through the fear, the doubt, the sleepless nights. His promises are real.

Lord,

You watch over us. Darkness is as light to You. You are present with us with Your everlasting love. Keep us in perfect peace.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment