Friday, September 28, 2018

The Magnitude of a Moment


     We have been all over the place this week, haven’t we? From a prayer answered in one moment, to a moment of healing after deep struggle, to unexpected death in a split second of time. This morning, I am savoring the moments with our grandson, Gavin, 8 months old.

    I was teary-eyed yesterday on my early walk thinking about the fact that neither of my parents lived to see our two daughters. What a sweet blessing to be caring for this very special little boy.

     Perspective leaves us with the passage of time, gone so quickly. Who can explain it? Today I smile as our grandson is working hard at crawling. Sometimes, he just gets tired and lays his head down on his two little hands as if to say, “I just need a break!”  Cuteness overload!!  His laughs make our day. He is the only one on the planet who smiles at my singing, “Jesus Love Me.”

     And even in the late afternoon, if he is a little whiny, I relate, because I’m tired and whiny, too. These moments, as they all do, will move forward into new milestones, into hesitant steps, training wheels, and cars. After all, Gavin's sweet mama was just learning to crawl a few short moments ago. But, let’s slow down.

     Today, stop for the magnitude of a moment. I hope your special moments will include people you love. Whether it is a spouse, a child, a niece or nephew, a grandchild or a friend, stop and tell them you love them. Sit and smile at the memories and remember the magnitude of one small moment in time.

     It is to be treasured, tucked away and savored over the passage of time.

“A new command I give you. Love one another, as I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

For this is the message you have heard from the beginning. We should love one another. 1 John 3:11

Father,

The moments You give us go so quickly. Today we understand the importance of love, of taking in each precious second of loving one another. Thank you for the blessings You have lavished on us.

In Jesus name,

Amen


2 comments:

  1. Well said Judy, savoring each moment makes us appreciate this wonderful life God gives to us everyday.

    ReplyDelete