Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Mediator, Intercessor, Advocate


     Jesus, is our intercessor and He is our friend. Job understood this, even after he suffered the loss of everything he held dear, his children, his belongings, his health. Here are a few of his words of victory through his pain.

I know that my redeemer lives and that in the end He will stand on the earth. Job 19:25

Even now my witness is in heaven, my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend, as my eyes pour out tears to God. Job 16:19-20

     Job understood what we now know to be true through Jesus. One day He will return and stand on the earth. He now resides in heaven. Our advocate, our intercessor is on high. He is our friend. He feels our pain. He understands sorrow. He has been tempted in every way. He understands.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet He did not sin. Hebrews 4:15

     Give everything to Jesus, and live in victory over pain, over fear, over sorrow. Our redeemer lives and intercedes for the saints.

Lord,

How beautiful are the words of the saints before us. They echo our pain and our emotions and they help us to find victory through all of life, through Jesus Christ, our friend, our advocate, our intercessor and in His name we pray.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment