Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Our Father


     The job of a shepherd is similar to that of a father. Sheep recognize their shepherd’s voice. The shepherd keeps them from wandering, brings them safely back when they are lost, feeds them and gives them a soft place to land.

     You may be familiar with Psalm 23, reminding us that our Father is is our Shepherd. Our Father tends to our needs in all ways, and we build our trust in Him, just as the sheep learn to trust the one in charge of them.

     Today place your trust in our good Shepherd. Listen for His voice. It is unlike any other.

“I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me.” John 10:14

My sheep listen to My voice. I know them and they know Me. John 10:27

     Do you recognize the voice of our Shepherd? He knows you inside and out. Listen for Him.

Lord,

You are a gracious Father and Shepherd. You guide us and teach us and work for the good in us. Transform us with Your precious voice that is always available.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment