Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Faith Assured

 

     Have you felt the presence of God in a real way, known that a prayer has been answered, smiled and said, “That was You, Jesus?”

     When I was 28 years old, I was driving down 28th Avenue in South Minneapolis on a bright, sunny day, driving my pale-yellow, stodgy 4-door Dodge K-car, feeling very sorry for myself. My dream in life, from the time I was a small girl, playing with my baby dolls, was to be a wife and a mom.

     At the time,38 years ago, I was dating someone I knew did not want to be married or to have kids. Many of my friends were married with children and I was filled with doubts about life and what direction mine was going. Out of the blue feeling washed over me. I felt it from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. I know now it was the Holy Spirit, but at the time, I was not in a deep relationship with Jesus. God begins His work in us long before we open our hearts to Him completely.

     The assurance was real. I knew that I knew that I knew I would be married and have a little girl named Angela one day. (My favorite name way back to those baby dolls) A smile of pure joy broke out on my face, driving alone in my car. But I wasn’t alone.

     I never doubted that deep truth, even though I would go through many trials in the next few years. I married my love at the age of 31 and had my first child at 33. Yep, you guessed it. A daughter, named Angela. My husband did have a say in our second beautiful daughter’s name, Lauren, a couple of years later.

     I love to hear stories of prayers answered, of knowing God is real and involved. The Holy Spirit is alive and well and I (and you) have many stories to share. My faith has not wavered. The assurance of faith is real. I want to share a verse that hangs over my kitchen sink on a sun catcher. It is a good one to memorize. Faith and hope are real. God is there.

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for, and assurance for what we do not see. Hebrews 11;1

Father,

We know You are there. We are assured of our faith in Jesus, by the work of the Holy Spirit. Fill us with the assurance of Your good work in us.

In Jesus name,

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment