Monday, January 3, 2022

Times of Refreshing

 

     My husband and I have spent the last two weeks, alone, due to Covid, first in one daughter’s family and then, in the other. The two of us have stayed healthy over these last two years, have our boosters, and I have to say, these two weeks have been a much-needed time to reflect and refresh our minds and souls.

     I have never been so ready to turn the page to a brand-new year. This last year has been filled with fear, with uncertainty, with a roller coaster of hope, followed by despair. The words of the Psalms echoed our cries to God as we watched our grandson suffering seizures, hospital stays and side effects from powerful medications. Watching him and our daughter and son-in-law go through this time has brought buckets of tears but through it all we have found hope in the strength of the human spirit, fueled with our faith in Christ.

     Gavin is doing extremely well, (praise God). The medications have been sorted and there have been no seizures in over three months. And the unexpected miracle of another baby on the way for our other daughter and son-in-law has brought such joy during this time.

     Each time I have gone through a crisis in my life, I have made a promise to never take for granted another ordinary day in life.  And I have made that promise again as I praise God this morning. I wish for you times of reflection and refreshing this year. My husband and I are introverts by nature and these weeks of crossword puzzles, reading, watching movies, taking long walks, listening to a Bible podcast and taking more time to pray, have brought back a deep sense of peace and joy that has been missing most of this year.

     Once again, I thank you for your prayers, for your friendship, for your fellowship and for entering into this experience with us. Many of you shared with me tales of your own times of suffering with kids, grandkids, grief and hope. We are in this together and I thank God for you. Never be afraid to reach out. The power of prayer is real. It lifts us up as we find hope renewed.

God bless you!

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25

Then Jesus said, “Let’s go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile.”  Mark 6:31a

Father,

Give each of us times of refreshing and relaxation, times of quiet prayer with You. Thank You for the miracles surrounding us, for the hope we find in You and each other. Give each person reading this morning, a sense of joy in You. Guide us into this New Year with hope.

In Jesus name,

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment