Thursday, May 19, 2022

Grayson and Nana

 

     Our grandson, Grayson, is turning two this week! We have cared for him since he was three months old, as our daughter teaches. Between Covid, and his older brother’s rare form of epilepsy, he has been through a lot in his two short years. Grayson (I am blessed to report) has become extremely attached to his Nana.

     Each morning as the car door opens in our driveway, I hear him calling out “Na!” or “Nana!”  He runs to the door and rushs into my arms. I will never forget his snuggles or the way he looks for me when he is unsure. On the weekends he wants to Facetime or goes to their front door and says, “Nana” as if the week with me just wasn’t enough. He isn’t comfortable with too many people, but that will come in time and, for now, I savor these sweet moments in time.

     These next four weeks mark the end of our full-time care for our two boys. It has been a privilege. It has been exhausting. It has been exhilarating. It has been a rare blessing from God. And we are so grateful. I pray we will always be a home base for our grandkids, a place for them to feel safe and protected, a place to be unconditionally loved. We hope to be a continuing, loving presence in their lives as long as we are here on this earth. A place and a presence similar to ours when we think of Jesus.

     He is our true home, a place to feel protected, loved, comforted and satisfied.

Whoever dwells in the shadow of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God is whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2

     All of us, like Grayson, have times of insecurity, a need to find the person or persons we can trust. For us, it is always Jesus. And, just as I savor these moments of Grayson racing into my arms, Jesus feels the same about you!. He looks forward to spending time with you and watching as you run to Him seeking His love and protection. He longs to be your safe place, your protector, your home.

     When Grayson, and when all of us, find trust and feel protected, we are able to move out into the world with strength and confidence.

Father,

We thank You today for being our safe place to run, for holding us when we are scared, for being there no matter our feelings and our circumstances. Please continue to bless Grayson throughout his life. Be his guide and his true home as You are ours. We love You. 

In Jesus name,

Amen

No blog tomorrow.  Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment