Friday, June 30, 2023

Eternal Eyes

 The blogs this week were written more than 3 years ago. Our daughter turns 35 in a couple of months. This blogs this week remind us to consider the deep questions and count our blessings each day. Have a wonderful 4th of July week!

Wisdom belongs to the aged and understanding to the old. Job 12:12

    Today is a day to celebrate! Today I take a deep breath and let it out.  It is our daughter’s 32nd birthday. She is my friend, my organizer, my first call for fashion help and she is beautiful inside and out. She is faith-filled, kind and just plain fun to be around. We are blessed.

     This is a banner day for me in addition to celebrating this birthday and maybe that is why God had me thinking and writing about eternity this week. I had to face deep questions at the age of fourteen when my dad died in his sleep. My mom and I became interdependent on one another and she was my best friend. The year I became engaged, she was diagnosed with advanced cancer. I was 31. My mom would not live to see my 32nd birthday.

     There was a suppressed goal within my heart I did not know was there until it was attained today, to see my child turn 32. In addition to this milestone, I have experienced becoming a nana, another astounding blessing for me as my mom and dad did not get to meet our precious daughters.

     Today we are blessed. Today we celebrate. Today our treasured Angela turns 32! And the good news of Jesus, the one I found when I questioned the reality of eternity, moves on to the next generation. The best news is that our daughters know Him well. Pass it on. Share the wisdom you have gained. You are loved

Now that I am old and my hair is gray, don’t leave me, God. I must tell the next generation about Your power and greatness. God. Your goodness reaches far above the skies. You have done wonderful things. God, there is no one like You. Psalm 71:18-19

Father,

Your good ness reaches above the skies. We thank You for our daughter as we celebrate. Please let this be a year filled with Your sweet blessings.

In Jesus name,

Amen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment