Friday, June 21, 2013

   A New Season, A New Beginning


     The first day of summer; the beginning of a new season and here I am in Minnesota, where the seasons change day by day, minute by minute. We went from 30 degrees to almost 90 degrees in a two-day span in May. We have had rain almost daily for a month and today it is hot and humid with more storms on the way.
     How do you respond to drastic changes in your life? Can you find a calm in your spirit in the midst of a storm? Can you remain peaceful in the tumultuous highs and lows of your life? When disaster hits, where do you go? Is there a shelter available, a secure place to sit it out?
     In my life, over the last twenty five years, there has been tragedy; the loss of my mom the day after my wedding, a house fire that destroyed most of our belongings, an eye disease that has left me legally blind and my very healthy husband suffering a stroke.
     The beginning of the big storms in my life led me to my knees and that is where the journey begins. It is a great place to begin again. The place of humble beginnings brought about the saving of my soul and the safe harbor I have grown to trust through every storm, through every calm season and through the highs and lows of everyday life.
     If you love Jesus, you understand. If you just aren't sure I hope you will stay with me as we get to know Him better. If you have no desire or don’t know Him at all, I hope there is something within that thinks it might be worth a listen or a read. Let’s see where He takes this blog. He loves you. This I know. How? The Bible tells me so. Let’s look at a Scripture now, as we will in every blog. These Words bring life and truth. This one verse will be familiar to most of you. It’s a great place to start our journey together, on this first day of summer, on the very first day of a new blog.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16  NIV

Dear Father in heaven,
I pray a blessing over each reader this morning. I pray for Your love to shine on them as we begin to look to You for answers, for truth, for guidance.
In Jesus mighty name,
Amen



3 comments:

  1. Thank you Judy. He does work in mysterious ways as this is just what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my first blog! So very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete