Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reborn

     Happy New Year! May 2014 bring great hope and peace for each one of you. Is today the day to accept Him? You have witnessed the Christmas story time and time again. There is something about Jesus. Something real. You have witnessed His love through others. You have seen the movie. Do you believe in the virgin birth, the sacrifice He suffered, the resurrection from the dead? Do you believe?

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in Me will live even though they die, and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”  John 11:25-26

     If so, and even if you already are a believer, read this prayer with me. That’s all it takes. A moment in time. A moment to be reborn into the kingdom of God, shifting all of your sin onto Him. It is not an even exchange. We receive His image for all of our crud. He gives us everything we do not deserve and we have nothing to give Him back. All consuming, all-encompassing love. It is yours for the asking.

Dear Jesus,
I do believe You came to earth, born of a virgin. You lived as one of us, but had no sin. You died in my place. You suffered for me on the cross and by Your shed blood I am forgiven. Please forgive me for everything I have done against You and others. I give all of it to You now and my sins are wiped away as far as the East is from the West. You rose again on the third day and one day I will arrive in heaven to live with You forever. Thank you Jesus. I accept You as Savior. Take my life and use me to do Your will.
Amen

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” John 3:3


     Your spirit is born again. The Holy Spirit of Christ has come to live within you and you are eternity bound! He will never leave you. Let this prayer bring you great peace and joy as you begin this new year, a year of new beginnings. A year filled with a new song in your heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment