Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Our Contentment

       Don’t be concerned if you haven’t quite figured out the purpose or plan or gifts God has chosen for you. Let’s take the rest of the week to find the surprising ways God can use us. Can we be content with who we are and where we are and trust God to work with us to show us what we can become and what we are to do?

     Paul teaches us about contentment. He has been through so much including beatings, a ship wreck, hunger and grief. Here is what he says;

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. Philippians 4:11

And

But godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6

     Contented no matter the circumstances? That’s how I want to be each and every day. I have learned over the decades that God uses our weaknesses, our sorrows and our struggles to do His work. Would I trade the things I have learned through hardship to have an easier life? I would have to say, “no.” The greatest gift rhrough a very difficult time was meeting Jesus and He has steered me through the rest.

Jesus,
You carry our burdens, heal our sadness, watch over us when we doubt and pick us back up again when we fall. Give us Your contentment and use the difficult lessons and hardships in life to share You.

 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment