Thursday, June 26, 2014

Our Weaknesses

     There is another surprising and challenging way God uses our lives to share His glory. He uses our weaknesses to show His strength. The parts of you that you don’t like or the parts that leave you feeling less than others, or disappointed in general may just be the parts of you God uses to show Himself off just a bit.

     I’ll give you an example. My friend, Ruth, is almost completely blind. She served as a pastor’s wife for years, both as a missionary and in a church in South Minneapolis. She has played the piano all of her life and has a beautiful singing voice. The hymns, Christmas carols and other worship songs she learned over a lifetime are still bringing others joy. She loves to serve.

     Even though she is disabled, God gave her gifts in advance in preparation to use her during this challenging time. He uses her weakness to show who He is through her contagious joy and peace. I grew up very shy and did not finish college until I was 40 years old due to an irrational fear of speaking in front of others. A speech class filled with mature, well-spoken seniors, just about sent me over the edge. I quit college because of that one class. God had me face that fear and He healed it.

     With God’s sense of humor He now has me speaking in front of both large and small groups with no fear at all. Why? My confidence is in Jesus. Putting our trust in Him takes the focus off of ourselves and unto God and others, He may just start working through the very thing you consider a detriment in your life.

     And others may say, “Well, we know THAT has to be God!

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  ! Corinthians 12:15

Dear Lord,
You make us smile at the ways You use us in almost miraculous ways. Yes, It can only be You. Shine through the weaknesses as we show who You are!
In Jesus name,
Amen  


No comments:

Post a Comment