Thursday, November 13, 2014

Rest

     This week we talked about being still and knowing God (Psalm 46:10) and that the final battle has been won and through Christ we are more than conquerors. (Romans 8:37) Because of Jesus we can find rest in Him.  Rest…do you need some? With the busiest of seasons just around the corner, maybe we all do.

Yes, my soul, find rest in God, my hope comes from Him.  Psalm 62:5

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the almighty.  Psalm 91:1
   
     Jesusand His disciples had been busy, crowds all around. Imagine Him saying these same words to you:

Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”  Mark 6:31

     He beckons us to come with Him to a quiet place and rest and He says to you and me:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls.  Matthew 11:28-29

     A yoke was placed around the necks of two oxen as they pulled a heavy load. They shared the burden. Jesus offers to carry the load with us. And when you go with Jesus to a quiet spot, remember. He is the reason for the season.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving us rest in You. Give us quiet time with You during these busy days and refresh and renew us for the purposes we are meant to do.
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment