Monday, April 18, 2016

Looking Ahead


     How do you react to life transitions and change? We move from season to season of life, some with ease, some with discomfort, some with sorrow and some with us kicking and screaming. God opens doors and closes others. Are you living in a time of transition?

     I am stepping down from some leadership roles that I have taken on for many years. It is a bitter-sweet time. Change can be scary. What’s next? As long as we live, God has an answer to that question. I know as He closes doors in my life, there will be new opportunities just ahead.

     Is this time of your life going well? Stop and give praise and gratitude to God. Dealing with some questions about the future? Ask God to guide you through. Pray for answers. Pray for a new passion. Wait, pray, and listen for God’s leading.

     Life brings tragedy and triumph, rejection and reconciliation, disaster and delight. God works through all of it. I pray for you today. I pray you know Jesus. I pray you trust Him above all else. And I pray for you to find triumph and hope in whatever season of life you find yourself.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12;12

Lord,

Whatever life brings our way, we ask for patience, joy and the willingness to pray and wait. It isn’t easy, but you will bring us through into new life.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment