Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Looking Ahead


     I spoke with my Uncle Paul this weekend. He lives 2,000 miles away and it was his 88th birthday. He has been an inspiration to me over my entire life. When Paul came to town, we were as excited as if we were about to meet a celebrity. He walked on his hands, dove off of cliffs, told joke after joke and even to this day, loves nothing more than to make others happy.

     His life has been stamped and ingrained with the love of Christ. He has been and continues to be a great role model and light. I have noticed with my Uncle Paul and with others in my family and in my church family, that as they age, they begin to long for home.

     They long to see our Savior face-to-face. Our true home is getting closer.

Instead, they were longing for a better country-a heavenly one. Therefore, God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. Hebrews 11;16

Father,

There are days we long to be with You forever. Thank You for preparing a place for each one of us. This will be our true country, our true home, our blessed assurance of the life to come.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment