Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Forgive Us


     Forgive us, Lord. Forgive us for letting our country move so far away from You. Forgive us for not loving others as You love them. Forgive us for saying and doing what is wrong in Your eyes. You know best and we do not. And yet, You love us. Continue to discipline and guide us more and more into Your truth.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from Your presence or take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. Psalm 51:10-12

     David cries out to God. He needs forgiveness and a fresh start. His heart had always been connected to God. Even so, David turned away. He committed adultery and murder. Even then, God forgies. He sends David to his knees, in humility and sorrow. God forgives. God cleanses us over and over again.

Lord,

Renew our spirits today. Forgive us. Cleanse us. Give us back our joy and peace as we, once again, turn to You.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment