Thursday, July 28, 2016

In His Presence


      I’m not sure when life changed or the exact moment when Jesus really and truly became first. I believed in Jesus and His love. I knew I should:

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5

     Knowing this and reading those words are completely different than living them. Jesus, over time, has invaded my whole being, until His living Words have become a part of me and how I live, unti I want to please Him more than pleasing myself or others, and now I long for nothing more than to be continually in His presence. Prayer and worship and Bible study are no longer duties or pieces in a mandatory puzzle, but my absolute favorite things to do.

     If this sounds alien to you, never fear. Your God is working on your heart and soul. Dig into Scripture and take good time to pray and the image of Christ will work on you and through you. It is an amazing gift of God.

You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand. Psalm 16:11

Dear Lord,

The best place to be is in Your presence. You give joy and love to the soul. We draw near to You today to seek Your purpose, to live in Your love, to praise Your holy name.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment