Friday, July 21, 2017

Jesus and the Church


     On a morning walk last week I was stopped by a young man, a young man representing the church of Christ. He wandered over and asked me if I knew Jesus? He was young and enthusiastically representing our Lord.

     I answered with an enthusiastic, “yes!” He smiled,  said that was great, and asked if I needed prayer. My first thought was to say, “no,” but I was attending a writer’s conference the next day and asked him to pray for blessings for the day. He said a beautiful prayer and I, in turn, prayed for him as he gets ready for a youth conference in Hawaii. I took this encounter as an affirmation from God.

     It was a Holy-Spirit-led meeting and I thank God for it. So many “coincidences” occurred long before this conference and God, did indeed, bless it. Watch for those opportunities in your path. You never know who you will meet or how God will use you to bless others and others to bless you.

 Lord,

Thank you for the people you place in front of us and the places you lead us to and the purposes for our lives. We are Your church from the moment we rise until the morning sun greets us again. You give us the breath of life.

In jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment