Tuesday, July 25, 2017

The Faith of an Introvert


       Maybe the hurts and misunderstandings, the suffering we have endured in our lives can and will be used for God’s purpose. Junior high was a traumatic time for me. Some of you may have been through something similar. There was the “cool” girl that made fun of me for a whole year, even though she didn’t know me and the homeroom teacher who apologized at the end of the year for mistaking my shyness for pride.

     Savoring times of solitude, of reading, of day-dreaming, continue to this day and lead right back to that time of teenage angst. Could it be some of the tough times in our lives can lead to creativity and deep thiking? I think so. Allow God to heal your old wounds and use them for His glory. He is strong in our weakness.

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

     What an amazing verse. God’s grace is sufficient for us on a daily basis. And even though we may see ourselves or parts of ourselves as weak, we can more fully rely on God’s strength and show who He is. Have confidence in His power within you.

Father,

Your grace flows over us to give us just what we need for the next minute, hour, for the next step, for the next day. You are with us and Your strength is made perfect in our weakness.

In Jesus name,

Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment