Friday, February 23, 2018

Mindful of Our Days


     Our grandson is 1 month old! He has changed so much in these four short weeks. He is more aware of his surroundings. His facial features are filling out and his little fingers have dimples. The changes in his life will move quickly through this first year of rolling over, smiling, crawling, using his hands and learning to walk What a delight it will be to watch our little sunshine grow. He is a miracle, as we all are. Created by God.

     The changes in our lives through the years may be subtle, even imperceptible over long periods of time as we live through the years. And then we look in the mirror and notice we are over 60 years old!  Hopefully, wisdom has grown along with the wrinkles and aching muscles. Our God knows our story. He wants us to be mindful of our days.

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

     God knows us from the womb, throughout our lives, until our dying day. He will watch over Gavin and He will watch over you and me, every moment, every day, through every change, through every age. The following words contain powerful reminders of the intimacy we have with God. His hand is upon you.

You know when I sit and when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, You Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and You lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Psalm 139:2-6

Lord,

Thank You for these words to remind us of Your intimate love. Watch over our precious grandson as He grows and keep us mindful of the shortness of our days and to witness for You in all our ways.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment