Thursday, April 11, 2019

Bless This Day To His Glory


     The worship of God increases our passion for Him. Worship doesn't need to be, and shouldn't be, limited to a church pew. Seeing the beauty in creation, the smile of a baby, the sun by day and the moon by night, understanding the true sacrifice of our loving Lord, brings us to our knees in awe.

     God is so much more than we can ever hope or imagine.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever. Amen  Ephesians 3:20-21

     Our purpose as Christians is to bring glory to God with our lives. With the Holy Spirit within us to guide us, we can be filled to overflowing with the love of Christ. I have prayed with my almost 88-year-old neighbor weekly for almost twenty years. She has shared untold wisdom with me, loved me, and laughed with me in ways impossible to share.

     Even now, with her confused mind, her countenance shines with the glory of God. The three of us who meet each week end our time in prayer. My friend, Connie, begins, I provide the middle ground and our sweet Phyllis wraps it up. The wisdom of God continues to flow from within her. I look in wonder at her after our prayers and tell her how much she still has to offer for our Lord. She brushes it off with a smile. This last week, she ended the prayer with these words, “Bless this day to Your glory, Lord.”

     This phrase has stuck with me throughout the week and I have prayed this over and over. It takes the focus off of me and unto our Lord, where it belongs. Let His glory be your goal this week. Shine for Him wherever you are.

Lord,

You do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Thank you for Phyllis. Keep her at peace and in your joy. Her life brings glory to Your name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment