Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Release


     As we forgive and remove anger and bitterness, a release follows, a great breath of fresh air, a new beginning. Setting boundaries in our lives can be healthy and, often, necessary. I have had to take myself out of an unhealthy situation recently. It has been difficult in so many ways.

     It actually took a few years to get to this point, but with prayer and study, I realized God was moving me in a new direction. How about you? To keep ourselves healthy and whole, God may close some doors in order to open something new. He always uses us for good.

  A time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away. Ecclesiastes 3:6

     Are you hanging on to something that is not healthy or to a relationship causing harm? Is it time for God to take your hand and move you in a new direction, to let go? Turn your gaze upward and move ahead. Watch for Christ to work, even though the letting go can be heart-wrenching.

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. Philippians 3:13

Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up. Do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19

Father,

Help us to listen to Your lead, no matter how difficult it is to leave something or someone behind. Keep us strong in your love and peace, always straining toward what is ahead.

In Jesus name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment