Friday, December 20, 2019

All of our Days


     My mind and my heart have been on a roller-coaster ride of thoughts and emotions this week, from the sad news of my uncle moving to hospice, to laughing often and savoring moments with our little grandson. Where are your thoughts today? Wherever you find yourself this Christmas season, Jesus is with you.

     God is the only one who knows the span of our lives and He is present from before our birth until death.

Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are Your thoughts, God! How vast the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand-when I awake I am still with You.  Psalm 139:16-18

     God has Your life in His Almighty hands. Trust Him with your joys and sorrows. Find peace in the knowledge that He is with you morning, noon and night, from before you were born until death and beyond. What peace this brings.

     May this season of joy bring you back to the good news that never fades. Jesus was born. The Word became flesh and lived among us. (John 1) He overcame death for us. And He has the whole world in His hands.

Jesus,

Your ways astound us and Your Word comforts us. Help each one of us to find Your peace that passes understanding through the seasons all the days of our lives. Be with those who mourn and thank You for the joys of the season.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment