Thursday, December 19, 2019

We Hold You, Jesus


     The older I get, the more I appreciate the breath of life. Having reached my mid-sixties, I find myself filled with gratitude. So many friends and family members are in heaven. The loss of loved ones reminds us of the fragility of life and reminds us to savor the time we have now, and reminds us to tell others how much we love them.

     Others have told me about the joys of being a grandparent and, oh my goodness, were they right! What a gift to be able to care for our almost-two-year old grandson. He is filled with personality, with action and with snuggles (once in a while when he stops for a minute)

     He has developed a few minor fears; i.e. the garbage truck, any loud noise, along with the “eeshies” he spots on the floor. And often, we will respond, “Do you want me to hold you?”

     Now, when he is scared, he will look up at me and say, “Hold you, Nana!”

     The cutest! Maybe we can say to Jesus, “Hold You, Jesus,” when we are scared or worried or anxious or facing a fear. Just as Gavin relies on his mommy and dada and his grandparents to protect and hold him, we can always go to our protector and hang on for dear life.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, My God in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2

     We hope to be here for all of our grandkids, to assist in teaching, to find delight in playing and in loving them into adulthood. We savor it all, understanding the passage of time. And we hold You, Jesus to help us through each day.

Father,

Thank You for the lessons we learn from the young children around us. Teach us to love and find joy and rely on others to help us through, too. We have You.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment