Monday, May 18, 2020

Prayer in the Morning


     I rise with the birds. Early mornings have always been a favorite time of day for me. Rising about an hour before my husband finds me writing, praying, praising and reading, a great way for me to begin a new day. The power in praying for others is meaningful and mysterious.
     God controls the universe. He knows the words we will speak before we say them (Psalm 139). He knows the plans He has for us (Jeremiah 29:111). He numbers the hairs on our heads (Luke 12:7). This intimate knowledge He has of us and His creation is way over our heads. He watches over every single creature, including each bird (Matthew 10:29)
     And yet, He uses our prayers.
In the morning, Lord, You hear my voice. In the morning, I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3
     I love this verse in Psalm 5. Lay your requests before Him each day and wait expectantly.  Believe God will answer. He hears your voice.  He loves spending time with you.
     Jesus loved spending time with His heavenly Father. When He walked the earth, He understood the need for prayer. He often went to a solitary place to pray. Beginning the day with God will allow us to give the day to Him, trusting He will lead us in the right way.
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went to a solitary place, where He prayed.  Mark 1:35
     When I rise in the dark, early mornings, I love thinking of Jesus walking the earth, praying just as I do. Give it all to Him today.
Lord,
Thank You for the times we pray. As we lay our requests before You, we trust You to work.  You understand us more than we understand ourselves. Give us others who need prayer, so we may lift them up to You.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment