Friday, May 22, 2020

Prayer Through the Night


     When we have too much on our minds, or when we are worried about viruses or murder hornets, when we are anxious for one of our kids, when we face a health crisis or when we just have too many details to sort through, sleep eludes us. Tossing and turning, watching the clock, minds on full alert. Can you relate?
     I have suffered from insomnia, off and on, since my teen years. I have come to terms with it and don’t worry quite as much about lack of sleep as I once did. After all, I have made it this far with many a sleepless night. Here are a few verses to take with you as you work through a restless night.
He will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast and who trust in Him. Isaiah 26:3
I call out to the Lord and He answers me from His holy mountain. I lie down and sleep. I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. Psalm 3:4-5
In peace, I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safely. Psalm 4:7-8
     I also encourage you to read through Psalm 91 and Psalm 121, as prayers of protection over your life and over your family, knowing that God was with us when we entered the world and He will be with us as we leave this world.
Father,
Be with those struggling to find rest. Give them the ability to sleep and gain strength, to give everything to You from morning ‘til night.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment