Friday, May 1, 2020

Rejoice Always


     Praising God throughout our lives will keep us spiritually healthy. As we place our lives in His almighty hands, we can praise Him for who He is. The Holy Spirit within us calls us to worship. Worship comes naturally as we witness His hand in the beauty and the bounty of His creation, in the sunrise and the sunset, in the wisdom and faith of our elders, in the laughter of a young child, in the birth of a newborn.
    The opportunities to praise Him are everywhere, if we take the time to look. Our lives are like a mist, like the grass that withers away, here but for a moment (James 4:14, Psalm 144:4, 1 Peter 1:24).  How blessed we are to be alive today. Even through the hard days, the suffering and sadness, we can see triumph and wonder and miracles and the joy that each day brings.
     Let the Holy Spirit within you sing praises today, as you look around.
Lord, you are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness, You have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1
Praise the Lord, O’ my soul, all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Psalm 103:1
Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name, I will lift up my hands. Psalm 63:3-4
     Lift your face to heaven and praise Him and feel the deep joy of the Lord.
Rejoice always. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again. Rejoice! Philippians 4:4
Lord,
Our faith in You brings deep joy and praise. The presence of the Holy Spirit within us offers us a connection to that joy always. So, we rejoice in You and who You are today.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment