Thursday, September 17, 2020

The Word

 

     Here is a quote I came across about the Bible: “The Scriptures are shallow enough for a babe to come and drink without fear of drowning and  for theologians to swim in without ever touching the bottom.”  Have you been swimming in God’s word lately? I love the ways God teaches us. A Scripture read hundreds of times will suddenly jump off the page with new meaning. A Scripture meant just for you and me will keep coming up at a time we need it most.

     The Word of God is powerful. It represents Jesus from cover to cover. The longest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119 and it is all about the word of God. This Psalm reminds us to keep the word in our hearts, to delight in it, to draw wisdom from it, to know God through it.

 You are my refuge and my shield. I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:114

Turn to me and have mercy on me as You always do to those who love Your name. Psalm 119:132

     God has changed me through the Bible. He has confronted me, loved me, given me peace and filled me with deep joy. Sink yourself into its depths. There is no end to the glory and grace it will bestow.

 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joint and marrow. It judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Lord,

Today we thank You for the Bible. Keep us on Your path as the world goes astray. Keep us focused as we continue to dive into Your word and its depths.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment