Thursday, January 14, 2021

Our Weakness, His Strength

 

     Another surprising and challenging way God uses our lives is to share His glory. He uses our weaknesses to show His strength. The parts of you that you don’t like or the parts that leave you feeling less than, or disappointed in general, may just be the parts of you God uses to show Himself off just a bit.

     I’ll give you an example. My friend, Ruth, is almost completely blind. She served as a pastor’s wife for years, both as a missionary and in a church in South Minneapolis. She has played the piano all of her life and has a beautiful singing voice. The hymns, Christmas carols and other worship songs she learned over a lifetime are still bringing others joy. She loves to serve.

     Even though she is disabled through blindness, God gave her gifts in advance in preparation for how He would use her during this challenging time. using her weakness to show who He is through her contagious joy and peace. God just “happened” to place Ruth in a ‘Bible study I was facilitating and we grew close. Because I was dealing with a similar eye disease, she was a constant inspiration to me and because I still had some reading vision, I was able to read to her from our current study.

     I grew up very shy and public speaking remained one of my greatest fears. With God’s sense of humor, He has allowed me to speak in front of both large and small groups with no fear at all. Why? My confidence is now in Christ. Putting our trust in Him takes the focus off of ourselves and unto God and others, He may just start working through the very things you consider detriments in your life.

     And others may say, “Well, we know THAT has to be God!

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. ! Corinthians 12:15

Dear Lord,

You make us smile at the ways You use us in almost miraculous ways. Yes, It can only be You. Shine through our weaknesses as we show others who You are!

In Jesus name,

Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment