Monday, January 25, 2021

Why?

 

     Our precious grandson turns 3 years old today! He is funny, curious, mischievous, precocious, creative, and entertains us endlessly. We are more than blessed to watch Gavin and his baby brother, Grayson, full-time. Gavin’s favorite word, his favorite questions is, “Why?”

     My mom’s birthday is this week as well. I miss her even after almost 34 years without her. I pray I am like her. She was simply the best mom’ compassionate, loving, always giving. The “why” questions in all of our lives don’t have easy answers. Why couldn’t my parents live to see our wedding and meet our girls? I’m sure you have unanswerable questions of your own.

     The “whys” in life can lead us in circles and find us no closer to an answer as we continue to seek. Gavin’s “why” questions go nowhere. “Why do I have to wear gloves?”  “Why do I have to let my brother play with that?” “Why did you push that chair?” At this age, we appreciate the stage he is in. He is learning and curious and only sees life through his feelings at any one moment in time..

     Just like Gavin, our “whys?” are never-ending. We will never figure out the answers to all of our questions. But we do know the One who holds the future in His almighty hands. And the future is good for each of us, all the way to eternity.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

     Keep turning to the God and, Gavin, keep asking the questions. We love you more than words can express. You are our sunshine! Happy 3rd birthday.

Lord,

We give You thanks for our grandkids today. Bless them and keep them. Make Your face to shine on them and give them Your peace. You know the answers to all of our “whys.” Give us Your peace with the unanswerable questions in life.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment