Thursday, January 28, 2021

Overcomers

 

     The answers to our, “what,” “where,” “when,” and why,” questions may be impossible to answer on our own. Faith and hope replace the questions and help to make sense of our uncertain world.  My anxiety creeps in and out of my life unexpectedly.

     God continues to work with me to overcome it time and time again. It is one of my many weaknesses. I share the truth of it with others and, in turn, others share their stories with me. We all struggle with worry and anxiety throughout our lives. Scriptures familiar to me comfort me during my sleepless nights. How do you cope?

     Without Jesus, there would appear to be no stable foundation for us. Luckily, we have the Savior of the world at our disposal. He is stronger than the one who lies to us, who tempts us, who works to destroy our testimony. Shut him out. The one within us is a mighty force.

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they have life and have it to the full.  John 10:10

     We are overcomers. Jesus knows the world is full of trouble. The Holy Spirit gives us power and strength and love to overcome it all.

“I have told you these things, so that in Me, you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Lord,

Give us the heart of overcomers. We crave Your everlasting peace. Protect us today from the worries and anxieties that overtake us. Give us Your heart of peace.

In Jesus name,

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment