Monday, October 24, 2022

Intimacy With God/He Knows You

 

You have searched me, Lord, and You know me. You know when I sit and when I rise. You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down. You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, you Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and You lay Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Psalm 139:1-6

     You may not yet feel an intimacy with God. Or, you may have been close to Him once, and now wonder where He has gone. Believe the words written above. As the last verse reminds us, His ways are often too lofty, too wonderful, for us to grasp!

     Allow His love to shower over you and fill you. Feel His presence behind and before you as you go through your day. He knows the number of your days.  He understands you, knows you much better than anyone. I pray you believe this right now, even if you don’t feel it. Ask for His presence to be known. Seek Him and you will find Him. He is right beside you, ready to listen, to guide to bring hope and comfort.

Jesus,

Let Your mighty presence be known to us this week. We long to feel the intimacy that You feel for us. We love You.

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment