Friday, December 16, 2022

Comfort Peace Light

 

     This week we have looked back to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. We have studied the truth of His amazing word, and how it can transform our lives with hope. And we have recognized His presence through our most trying times, how He comforts and consoles, gives rest to our weary bodies and souls, and fills us with eternal hope. Here are words for us from Jesus Himself.

“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11;28-30

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

     Let these words of Jesus bring you comfort and rest. Run back to Him time and time again. His arms are always wide open, saying, “Come to Me.” When we are troubled and afraid, He says, “I give you My peace.”

     Allow Him to take you out of the world, into His presence. It is filled with light.

This is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you. God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

     I don’t know about you, but I can use some peace, some comfort, some protection and some light today. Let’s allow Him in and be filled.

Lord,

Your promises are true and worthy. Your light shines through the darkest night. Your light may be just a glimmer through our times of trouble, but Your peace and hope always bring us back into Your glorious, healing light.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment