Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Sleepless and Impatient?

 

     When I am distracted by too much going on, choosing to spend too much time on Facebook, or fretting over even special and happy events in the future, I lose my peace and joy. Can you relate? Our lives move too quickly, ending up being too restrictive and full. We become spiritually undernourished and it shows.

     Patience can be lost. Kindness goes by the wayside. Anxious thoughts fill our minds and we can’t find the joy in our days. If you find negative emotions replacing what Jesus has to offer, maybe you need a little nudge in our Lord’s direction.

     Prayer is a necessary part of our faith life and Jesus loves hearing from us. Give all of your anxious thoughts, your over-booked minds and schedule to Him. Let Him lead You into His good graces once again. He is available 24/7 and I find myself talking to Him over and over in the middle of the night, which is great, but He also promises us good rest. And I would much prefer daytime prayer!

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in You. Isaiah 26:3

     The definition for “steadfast,” includes reliable, dutiful, unwavering. Are you trusting Jesus with your life, with your plans, with your days and nights? I fall short in that steadfast trust that leads to perfect peace and I suffer from too many sleepless nights. Let’s move it onto His shoulders and get some perfect peace and rest.

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

     He, alone, offers complete safety. He, alone, offers perfect peace. He will give us rest and sleep as we give ourselves to Him.

Father,

Your Son has everything we need. Thank You for His grace that is sufficient for us each day. We rely on Him. Keep us steadfast and trusting.

In His name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment