Thursday, January 5, 2023

Need Grace?

 

     I have a confession to make. I have not acted with grace or graciousness over the past week. My back went out on me. What did it? I made the mistake of bending over to get something out of a kitchen cabinet. How sad is that? Just when I was completely healed from my hip surgery and out walking and doing my everyday activities!

     In the scheme of things, this is a minor issue. But it is a reminder that becoming more like Christ can easily go by the wayside when life happens. And luckily, we can give each other grace, just as my husband, friends and family continually do for me. My husband picked up the slack with no complaints (including handling over a foot of snow)  and my son-in-law took a couple of days off of work to stay home with our sweet Brooklyn.

     We are blessed to take care of our granddaughter four days a week and we miss her!  But bending and lifting would have been impossible and I so appreciate the time to rest. I think, as Christians, we need to be honest with each other. I have dealt with anxiety over the years, and a Christian friend told me talking about it to others would rob me of my testimony.  Imagine trying to be a perfect Christian all the time. An exhausting and impossible goal!

     When we completely open ourselves to each other and to life, we can meet others right where they are, just as Christ did. He did not condemn. He understood and brought others to Himself. Going through suffering of any kind throughout our lives gives us compassion for others. Those that may not know Christ know when someone cares.

     The grace of others when I need it is powerful and, of course, Jesus is right there with grace upon grace. And it is sufficient for this day. And this day includes Brooklyn. Seeing her would brighten anyone’s day.

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Jesus,

Thank You for understanding our human frailties, for walking through our suffering with us and for finding the grace to pour over us to get us through.

We love You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment