Monday, January 2, 2023

New Year, New Grace

 

     Seven years ago, inspired by my cousin, Audrey, I began to choose a word of the year. The second year, I realized I had begun alphabetically and have since continued the tradition. My goal is to live long enough to go through the entire alphabet.

     To be honest, as with any typical resolution over the decades, I have allowed some words and their meanings, to slip my mind, while others have stuck with me throughout the year. Our intentions are good, aren’t they? Our God is full of “grace,” which is my word for this year. He allows us to find new hope, new beginnings, new purpose each year (each day) as we turn each fresh, new page.

     With “authentic” desire, God finds ways to give us new “beginnings.” And we find our way back to “contentment,” as He “deepens” our faith. Our “enthusiasm” returns within His “forgiving” heart. Let’s begin this new year together, trusting God to find a future for us filled with His blessings, His “grace,” and another new beginning.

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. Philippians 3;13

     Is God beginning something new in your heart?

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up. Do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:19

Father,

Give us Your unending grace and fill us with Your Holy Spirit this year as we forge new paths through the wilderness. Show us the way.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment