Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Opposites

 

     My husband puts up with so much. I talk a lot, move too much, become distracted easily. I live in the gray areas of life, with deep emotion. He is solid and stoic, doesn’t talk much, (maybe can’t get a word in) loves straight lines and even spaces, sees the world in black and white. We are the quintessential “opposites attract.”

    God’s timing, as always, was prefect. At just the season in life, when I would need someone the most, Nip came along.  He stood by me when I was diagnosed with retinitis pigmentosa, a degenerative eye disease right after we became engaged. He was my rock after my mom’s death, the day after our wedding. Soon after her death, he lost his job and we were on a roller coaster of grief, tough questions, an unknown future and deep love. Our struggles made us stronger.

     He took over the chauffeuring duties when I gave up driving at 41, with no complaint. He suffered a stroke when he was 55 and we watched in awe as he recovered, once again, with no complaining. Our testimony of faith is often seen through the tough times. Our tests become our testimony, our struggles become our stories.  Jesus sees us through. How about you? We all have those days, those seasons, those years when we cling to God and to each other, wondering how we will make it through.

     Through the years, the happiness and blessings have far outweighed any of the tough times and we are so proud of our two daughters, our sons-in-law and our five grandchildren. Every day is filled with treasures. 

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25

     Jesus is called, “the bridegroom” of His church. He offers us a vision of what true love and sacrifice looks like. I am grateful to be married to a man who shows me that type of love every single day.

Lord,

Today we thank You for spouses and all they bring to our lives. Comfort those who have lost spouses and help heal hurting marriages. Thank You for the relationships in our lives.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment