Thursday, April 4, 2024

Rushing Waters

 

     Within the poetry of the Psalms, David takes us with him on the emotional ride of life. He moves from praise to anguish, fear to self-doubt and confession. As the Israelites are flee from Jerusalem, he is hungry and thirsty for God. Our fear moves us from faith into the “what ifs” and “why me” questions that surround us. Listen to his words in Psalm 42.

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for You, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. Where can I go and meet with God?  Psalm 42:1-2

     Have you longed to meet with God and He just seems too far away? I know I have felt that way many times. David is feeling swept away in fear. His voice echoes ours as we finally meet with God and once again, feel His overwhelming love.

Deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls, all Your waves and breakers have swept over me. Psalm 42:7

     God’s voice in the Bible is described as rushing water, the sound of a waterfall. (Ezekial 43, Revelation 1). David calls out in his deep distress to the depths of God until he is swept away. Feel God’s mighty presence. He wants to fill our lives with abundance and hope.

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. John 10:10 (NLT)

     The amplified Bible goes even further. Jesus offers us an abundant life filled until overflowing.

     The deep waters can overtake us, but Jesus meets us right there. Allow Him to save you again from wherever you find yourself today. Hear His words to you. He is with you now and forever.

Lord,

We call out from the deep. Overwhelm us with Your love until we are filled to the brim and have enough to give away.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment